Share & tag ourcitynest to show me how you enjoyed!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours, 20 minutes. Dough must be refrigerated for 2 hours.
Serving: 18-20 cookies
- 3 /4 cup of Butter (softened)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar
- Mix the butter and brown sugar until completely combined.
- Add in egg and molasses and mix until the dough is fluffy.
- Add in the baking soda and spices.
- Finally, mix in the flour. I recommend mixing in a third at a time to let the mixture build.
- Refrigerate the dough for 1.5-2 hours.
- Set the oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
- In a small bowl, add a generous amount of powdered sugar. Roll the cookie dough ball in the powdered sugar until it is covered.
- Bake the cookies 9-10 minutes. If you have multiple trays, refrigerate in between batches so the dough holds the powder.